Sunday, September 03, 2006

girl power

Forbes recently published its annual 100 Most Powerful Women issue. I was excited to see that Beyonce didn't make the list and that a lot of the women were of color. I have been reading a lot about one of the women in particular, Indra Nooyi. On October 1, 2006, Mrs. Nooyi will become the new CEO of Pepsi-Cola. She just happens to also be (from what I read) charismatic, outspoken, and an Indian American woman. Alright NOW (in my southern church voice)! One woman, that I was surprised to see missing from the list is Sunita Narain. Thanks to my avid reading of The Economist, I am up on this fantastic woman and I'm about to put you on. Mrs. Narain and her NGO, Center for Science and Envivornment, has SHUT DOWN the cola industry in India. What do you mean shut down, BGG? I mean mfers in India ain't drinking Coke or Pepsi.

To me , at leat, this is HUGE! And nothing against Mrs. Nooyi or her #4 spot, but it seems that Pepsi-Co had to have taken her ancestry into consideration when giving her the job. They know that they want the "world's biggest democracy" guzzling Sierra Mist, Pepsi Twist, and all those other sugary and pesticide latent treats. She could be the pusherman they need to break through in India. I don't know, like Jay-Z said, these are just my thoughts, just my thoughts.

Regardless, I think that all of the women are pretty cool. Even though I don't agree with some of their policies or hairstyles, I still respect their hustle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home